Have you got any skill? Are you tired of working for others? Do you want to be you own boss? This means making money while you work at your own rate and scheduling. Fiverr is a befitting platform to give life to your dreams.
Fiverr is a global online marketplace for freelancers to showcase their skills while they earn. It is one of the world’s largest freelance services marketplace for lean entrepreneurs. These entrepreneurs focus on growth & create a successful business at very affordable costs.
Recently, Fiverr’s slogan was changed to “In Doers We Trust”. Be among the doers. How do you do that? Alas! the answer is just a few lines away.
How to sign up on Fiverr
Visit the Fiverr website here
On the top right corner, click on “Join”.
You will be taken to a page where you input your username and e-mail. A confirmation email is then sent to your mailbox. You simply have to verify your email. This is done by clicking on the verification link. Thereafter you are taken back to the site.
At this point, you have confirmed your membership with the fastest growing online marketplace. Next in the line is setting up your profile.
Setting up your Profile
At this stage, you are required to provide some of your personal details. You should also bear in mind to give the best description of yourself. Try to portray yourself in good light. In fact, this serves as your resume in the Fiverr platform. Having known this, let us move on to the necessary info required. The info required is not difficult to fetch. As you must have expected, they are your personal details and your intention and abilities (that is your skills). They are as follows:
- Estimated number of hours you can work for. Also, you need to state if you are joining as a full time or part-time freelancer.
- Executive Summary of yourself and profession.
- Qualifications and Specialisation with Institutions attended with dates.
- Languages spoken and your level of proficiency in the said language(s).
- Special skills and level of expertise. Here a drop-down window pops up showing the available skills and their categories. These skills range from Writing and Translation, Logos and Brand, Video and Animation, Programming and Technology, Graphic Design, Audio and Voiceover, Online Marketing and SEO, Business, Fun and Entertainment.
- After choosing a category of where your skill falls, you select the sub-category such as Writing Skill, Creative Writing, Business Copywriting, Proofreading and Editing.
- Finally, you can now upload a profile picture. Here you need to use a smart and lively picture of yours that is very attractive.
As a seller, it is pertinent you download the Fiverr mobile app. This will be of great help to your business on Fiverr. This is because you need to be in regular contact with your customers and clients. More so, giving quick responses to their enquiries facilitates more business.
Setting up your profile is not enough to start selling. There is another vital stage which is creating a Gig. But before we get to that, I advise that you download the Fiverr mobile app now for Android devices and for iOS devices