A Gmail account is simply a free Google account with an email address that ends in @gmail.com from Gmail mailbox; users can gain access to Google Docs Google calendar and Google sites using Gmail account. Gmail is one of the most popular webmail services online.
Hence, Gmail began in 2004 as what would turn out to be an extended 5-year operation and didn’t become open to the public until 2007. Gmail was one of the first web-based email products to offer a gigabyte of initial storage, trumping many of the other popular webmail services at the time; they typically offered two to four megabyte.
Over time, the owners of Gmail have continued to increase storage capacity and now offer fifteen (15) gigabytes of storage when a user signs up for a new account. Thus, Gmail has stood the test of time highly secure keeping private data and emails of users of Gmail accounts.
More so, Gmail account tread new group by completely doing away with old school folders. Instead, users could apply labels” as many as they needed, and by this filter their messages without filing it away in a folder. A Gmail account also allows users to instantly login to the dozens of other Google applications like Picasa, blogger and maps.
Let’s talk a bit more about Gmail account features and why if you are not already using Gmail account, you need to consider starting at once. Gmail provides over (15 GB) of free storage, which allows you to save all your messages for future reference.
WHY SHOULD YOU USE GMAIL ACCOUNT?
Let’s talk a bit about why you need to get a Gmail account if you are still biased about having one.
- Gmail constantly updates it’s anti- malware and anti-virus scanners to give you the most up to date protection possible. File attachments are saved on Google’s servers, but if malware or virus finds its way through a message box, Gmail displays a warning and immediately quarantine the offended message.
- More so, Google has enhanced the use of Gmail by creating a search engine on it that enables a user to retrieve old and important emails when needed, instead of spending forever trying to scroll to the old mail. With this, it provides the user with a stress-free service and retrieves emails just by typing the name or the email I.D of the sender.
- Another powerful advantage of having a Gmail account is that one can forward emails from other email accounts into Gmail. With Gmail, one can even send Emails using other accounts. For instance, one can send emails from Gmail with their official email account as the sent address. With this Gmail flexes an edge over other email providers.
- Gmail has a useful tool provided by Google which is known as “Google tabs. Google tabs allow the general public (non-Google programmers) to write a plug-in for Gmail, hence as needs arise.
- Gmail also offers a coloured label for emails. An email can have more than one label, and they can be coloured with their own distinct colour for easy recognition. In this sense, emails can be labelled instantly once they amice into your mailbox
Steps On How To Open A GMail Account | Gmail Registration Process
These steps below will guide you on how to open a Gmail account. You might know a bit on how to open a Gmail account, but this will be a major guide on how to sign up to Gmail without seeking for an expert; first go to the internet on your phone or PC and go to the Google homepage: www.google.co.uk or google.com. Next step click on Gmail at the top right corner of the page … or use the Gmail icons on the list. Gmail Registration Process is an easy task to go by.
That should lead to the sign-up section. As you don’t have a Google account yet, you need to create one. Click on create an account.
Next; To set up your new account, Google needs some information about you. First, your first & last names, please provide that correctly
Next; Get a unique name for your username and password in other not to experience difficulty or having it (with characters that won’t be guessed easily) or bounced saying “it’s been used by another person.
Next; ensure that your password is strong. Google may suggest that you should try one with at least eight (8) characters long to be secured.
Next; you will have to set up your account. You can go straight to your inbox and get started. Sounds easy right? You can get started and enjoy the experience of being a Gmail account owner.