Lowes.com – Lowe’s Companies, Inc., is a home improvement retailer with stores in more than 49 states. Providing services for do-it-yourself customers, painters, do-it-for-me, electricians, commercial customers, professional contractors, landscapers, and plumbers.
With thousands of stores all around 49 states, Lowe’s carries 40,000 products for maintenance, home decorating, remodelling, repair, and construction with thousands more options available through special orders.
Lowe’s primarily offers installation services for more than 40 product categories. With high sales coming in categories of kitchen cabinets, millwork, flooring and counter tops and these kinds of services generate around 6 percent of the company’s revenues.
Details About Lowes.com
In 1960, the urge to become a most important force in the home-building market became necessary. Which made the company go public in 1961 and was renamed Lowe’s Companies, Inc. Around this time the majority of Lowe’s clients were contractors and construction companies with more than 50 stores, and a sales range of around $100 million.
In spite of the lack of stability in the construction business. The company’s revenues rose from to $900 million by 1979 with a record of 200 stores. Lowes achieved this feat through its financing program that enabled locals get loans, building plans, and contractors’ getting FHA-approved homes plan.
When construction of new homes came to a standstill in late 1970s. Lowe’s made its management team believe that increase in consumer sales would help the company reduce helplessness during economic recessions. The track records of do-it-yourself stores recorded strong sales In 1980. When home building became almost zero and its net income falling by 24 percent.
The Huge Second Shift for Lowes.Com:
The retail scene in the United States transformed to “big-box” warehouses and Lowes also made adjustments to its product lines. They did it by expanding core consumer goods (hardware, tools, paint, plumbing, home decor, and stereo equipment). While little items like bicycles, exercise equipment, and bath linens were phased out.
Lowe’s aim was to generate more sales from consumers, while still serving contractors and continue to sell major appliances and home electronics.
Other Benefits Of Using Lowes.Com
- Free and/or Discounted Tax Preparation Services
- Family & Medical Leave
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance & Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays (inclusive of Floating Holidays)
- Sick Pay
- Dependent Care Resources: Child & Elder Care Referral Services
- Lowe’s Merchandise Discount
- Workplace Flexibility
- Laundry & Dry Cleaning Services
- Seasonal Schedules (Stores & Distribution only)
- Customer Support Center On-Site Amenities
- Child Daycare Arrangements (Off-site)
- Jogging/Walking Trails
- Flextime & Compressed Workweeks (Corporate Campuses Only)
- Privacy Rooms for New Mothers
- Health & Fitness Fairs
- On-Site Nurses (Corporate & Distribution Campuses)
- (Mooresville & Wilkesboro Corporate Campuses) On-Site Pharmacy
- On-Site Work/Life Seminars (Corporate Campuses)