Samsung Knox is a multi-layer technology in the hardware and software of all Samsung’s latest phones. The app works on a BYOD standard to limit cyber-attacks and leakage of data. My Knox separates your work and personal data on your device.
Its defense mechanism makes sure your personal and work files are secure. This defense-grade system is certified by the government, to provide security solutions to your business devices. Its security features enable your business and personal contents to display and work together on your Samsung device.
Knox supports Samsung Android phones. The availability of this app may vary in countries and regions. It is compatible in Samsung Phones especially ones with higher Android versions like Galaxy S4, and Galaxy S5, Galaxy S6 & S6Edge
Features of Samsung Knox
This technology is built to completely satisfy its users. Work smarter with these exclusive features. Check out Knox’s powerful features:
- It is user-friendly and very easy to set up. All you need do is, follow the step-by-step guide and connect your work or personal email account within minutes.
- It supports the major email platforms like Gmail, Hotmail, IMAP, POP3, and much more.
- It provides you with full aptness to separate and secure your confidential data like your email and apps.
- Provides simple device management- it has an end user web portal for your device management. You can find tools like remote wipe, lock, and find-my-device here.
- If you are currently using Samsung Knox on a device running on a higher Android version, you can now back up private data stored on this platform and restore it on a Secure Folder to absolutely continue your secure space experience.
How to download Samsung Knox
When you download Samsung Knox, some apps are automatically added to your folder of which you can still add more. To download:
- Go to Google Play store.
- Use the search field by clicking on the magnifier on the top right of your screen.
- Search My Knox.
- Click on Samsung My Knox. Actually, it should be the first on the list.
- Install and start adding your apps.
How to use Samsung Knox
Samsung My Knox is an easy-to-use app. Just follow the guide below step-by-step.
- Swipe down from the top of your screen to bring your control panel or simply access settings on your menu.
- Locate Bluetooth and toggle it on.
- Open the Knox container and click on its settings.
- Click on Quick Access and enter the unlock method you used to set up your Knox.
- Click on the toggle to activate the Quick Access.
- Tap on Add device and start enjoying a secure and free workspace.
How to add apps to your Samsung Knox folder
To add apps to your Knox folder follow these steps:
- Open My Knox on your Home screen or app drawer.
- Click on More.
- Click on Add apps.
- Select the app you would like to add.
- Tap Add.
How to remove added apps from My Knox folder for Android devices
- Open My Knox from your Home screen or app drawer.
- Click on More.
- Click on Remove apps.
- Select the app or apps you’d want to remove.
- Click Disable.
- Click done after you’ve removed the app or apps of your choice.
To unlock Knox, visit the web portal and follow these steps:
- Click on Devices; Select your device.
- Tap on Reset Knox Password.
- Open your My Knox if it’s not open already.
- Input your unlock code and tap continue.
- Again, Input your unlock code and tap confirm.
How to uninstall Knox on your Samsung device
The guide below is only supported on devices running Android 4.3 version, like the Galaxy S3, S4 and Note 2.
- Open the Knox app.
- Click on Settings.
- Choose uninstall Knox.
- During this process, you will be asked if you want to back up your data on Knox. So make your choice to finish uninstalling Knox.
More about Samsung Knox
It doesn’t just separate your work and personal data but acts also as a multi-layered security system which protects the entire hardware of your device, even apps. When your phone encounters a malware attack, your data in the My Knox is secure.
Enjoy maximum security from external threats and more workspace by downloading this app today.