Tumblr is amongst the top rated platform that has blogging and social media related attributes. One of the best on the internet yet. Its social media related attribute requires, for instance, the use of Twitter. You will have to build an online personality that revolves around being famous or not.
So to say, the higher your famousness on Tumblr the higher chances of passing your content along to an even higher audience.
How do start Using Tumblr
Like most web-based platforms today, you get to have access to better functionalities when you are signed up with them. Below I’m going to list the different steps that you can follow to create a Tumblr account.
Creating an Account
- Visit the official Tumblr website
- Provide an email address, password and username in the fields provided
- Your username will end up being part of your blog URL address
- You can now start posting and getting familiar with the platform
Changing Your URL name
If you started with a username and somehow it doesn’t reflect what you want due to change of direction with your blog post, you can always change it following the steps below.
- First off, test run your intended URL idea for availability
- Then Click on your dashboard
- Click on the user icon
- Next, Click on settings
- Click to edit your username
- Insert a new username and save
It is of good practice that you make a post to alert your viewers (followers) about the change in your url. Tumblr will automatically update your individual post with your new URL.
While these are the basis on how to start using Tumblr, you can build your followership by following these simple principles
- After creating and setting up your account
- Get on with posting your content using a different kind of blog post themes
- Text post: This is mainly plain text but you can add Images, hyperlinks, and videos.
- Picture post: Just a single image with descriptions.
- Quote post: A title text and one line of body text. The title is the quote, the body cites to the origin of the quote
- Link post: Links a web page being described to its source.
- Chat post: Digs into sharing a piece of conversation.
- Audio post: Is allowed, one a day and should be a single .mp3 that can be played via Flash player.
- Video post: You can upload or import video post from other platforms.
- Follow people and increase your chances of gaining followers too.
- Like and reblog post you find interesting. This way your followers will also like and reblog your post at will
- Allow askbox access and do answer questions thrown at you. When you do, they appear in your blog.
- Queue your drafts when offline. If it is a string of post, you can just attach a timeframe so they upload serially
- Customize your Tumblr
- Ensure you have unique contents only
Following these steps closely will have you amongst one of the Tumblr famous in no time! Sign Up Now