Yahoo Mail is an email service from Yahoo with over a billion users and as much as three web interfaces following the revamped to a “more subtle” redesign in 2015. Yahoo Mail Sign In has gotten easier with the introduction of the mobile features Account Key sign in option.
The Yahoo Corporation itself is a web portal that offers a variety of services including Yahoo! Search, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Finance, Yahoo! Answers, Yahoo! Directory, Yahoo! News, etc. so when one is logged in yahoo mail they can still access other services.
How to Get Started With Yahoo Mail Sign In
- Visit the official Yahoo website
- Click on the “Mail” icon in form of an envelope.
- Type in your registered email address
- Click on the “Next” option
- Type in your password in the empty field
- Click on Sign in to view your emails
Then if your email window isn’t loaded, click on the envelope icon and it will be displayed. If you forgot your password as well, click on the “forgot password” from the page where your password was required. Follow on-screen instructions to reset your password immediately.
Resolving Yahoo Mail Sign In Error
Yahoo Mail Sign In error might occur during a login session in one or two ways. Either way, follow the instructions below to get it to be as functional as it should be.
Invalid ID/password: If you are certain your details are right you can do any of the following
- Turn caps lock off
- Check your notes for your new password
- Check to ensure correct characters and spelling of your username
- Get help from yahoo
- Create a new account.
- Check for possible hacks
Upon noticing unauthorized access to your email, you can change your password with the following steps:
Using a Computer when logged in to your account:
- Go to yahoo mail website
- Click on the wheel icon
- Click on ‘Account Info’
- Then ‘Account Security’
- Enter your old password to access the page
- Click on ‘Change Password’ option
- Choose a new password
- Click on ‘continue’ to save
- Linked devices will be signed out automatically
- Sing in again using your new password
Using a mobile device:
- Visit the yahoo mail website through your mobile browser (password can’t be changed through the app)
- Then enter username and password to log in
- Tap on the three-lined button
- Tap on ‘options’ to access the extra menu
- Then ‘Change Password’
- Create a new password
- Log in again using the new password
Forgot password: Yahoo has a different link for their recovery option – It works for both desktop and mobile browsers.
- Visit the recovery site
- Then type in your email address or the phone number associated with your Yahoo account
- Your account key will be sent to your recovery email or your mobile phone depending on your choice
- Type in the received code (account key)
- Choose a new password
- Sign in with the new password